Movie Monday!!!


Public Enemies

Public enemy #1 during the early 1930's, John Dillinger is definitely an American worthy of recognition. Are you kidding me?? This kid robbed a bank in 1 minute and 30 seconds. How can you not praise him? Aside from his criminal genius, John Dillinger is a gangster with class! And Michael Mann does an AMAZING job portraying the infamous John Dillinger with the amazing casting of the great Johnny Depp (what role can he NOT play?!?), not to mention the breathtakingly beautiful Marion Cotillard.

To give you an extremely brief synopsis of the movie, this movie is about the public enemy #1, at the time John Dillinger, a genius bank robber. He robbed banks and lived an extravagant lifestyle with other people's money. He never ran from the police or ever worried about his capture. He had "too much fun today to think about tomorrow." This movie takes us on a historical adventure back in time and shows us the hard time John Dillinger single handedly gave the Feds while showing us his carefree nature.

The cinematography in this movie was great! While many complain about the "home video-like" quality of the movie in certain scenes, I thought it added to the artistic side of the film. It was as if it was a first person perspective in gun fights for example. The only complaint I have in this movie was the pathetic role of Christian Bale. Agent Melvin Pervis was, in my opinion, pathetic....and his mention in the end of the movie (of his death) was COMPLETELY unnecessary. I DON'T CARE ABOUT MELVIN PERVIS. Tell me more about John Dillinger!!!! :)

After watching this movie, I can confidently say that John Dillinger is my HERO! I will end my first review with a suave line that John Dillinger says to the love of his life:

John Dillinger: I like baseball, movies, good clothes, fast cars... and you. What else you need to know?






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this movie

Anonymous said...

interesting review.

Post a Comment