Tech Tuesday!!



Google Chrome

Google Chrome is one of the newest web browsers out there, and I also think that it's the best one out there. As a former user of Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, Chrome owns all of these. Yea, it doesn't have all those add-ons like Firefox, but it has other features that are really nice. It's pretty simple and convenient. However, its not available yet for Mac users.. (losers)





Some things I really love about Chrome is that the default home page shows screen shots of 9 of the websites you visit the most. Kind of like bookmarks.. Speaking of bookmarks, you can drag your favorite websites onto the toolbar and easily click on it whenever you want. Chrome
also has tabs that you can separate to open up a new window. If you have multiple windows of Chrome open, you can drag them into one window. SOO convenient. You know what else is pretty convenient? Since Chrome is made by Google, whenever you want to search something, you can just type it into the bar and hit enter. There is also the INCOGNITO mode, where users can open up a new window that is private. It never saves any of your history or cookies or anything after you exit incognito mode. There are so many other additional features that you can check out at http://www.google.com/chrome. All you need to know is, Google Chrome is the best browser out there. You have to give it a chance, and if you dont like it, I will buy you a cookie.

Personally, the biggest reason why I love Chrome and why I believe Chrome>all is because it is so fast. Cnet shows the results after comparing Chrome with the other major browsers (IE, FireFox, Safari) and Chrome clearly is above the other browsers. I also tried comparing it myself because I still have Firefox installed, and Chrome is definitely faster, better, and stronger.

Well, nothing is ever perfect, and Chrome has its flaws as well. Since Chrome is relatively new, it still does not have the option of adding add-ons. However, I'm sure it will be available soon. You are also not allowed to delete a single website from your history. You can only delete the whole day or the whole thing. One of the bigger flaws is that some websites have functions that aren't compatible with Chrome, which is why I still have Firefox just in case.

CHECK OUT EPIKBABIES TOMORROW FOR WTH?! WEDNESDAYS!!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

im currently a mac user and i'm signed up for the chrome mac version updates. MAC USERS ARE DEF NOT LOSERS! but anyways..i'll def give chrome a try. sounds like a good browser to use. and definitely the INCOGNITO mode. that could prove to be VERY usefull...

Post a Comment